Upside Down Winter Citrus Cake
- Preheat oven. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- With the skin still on, slice citrus 1/2 inch thick. Use a paring knife to carefully remove the skin from the citrus slices.
- Microwave the sugar and water together until the sugar dissolves completely. Pour half of the sugar-water into the bottom of the prepared cake pan, then line the bottom with prepared citrus fruits. Once arranged, pour the remaining sugar-water over the citrus. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix as instructed on box.
- Pour the batter over the prepared citrus slices, spreading it evenly to the edges.
- Bake as directed on box.