A beautiful spring-themed cake to brighten your next gathering
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180°C). Grease and flour two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans (or line bottom of each pan with parchment paper).
- Using electric mixer, in large bowl, beat together ingredients for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans and smooth tops. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into centre. Let cool completely on rack
- For the icing, add softened vegan butter to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to cream butter until light and fluffy – about 1 minute. Then add vanilla and mix once more to combine.
- Add sifted powdered sugar in 1/2 cup measurements and continue mixing until well combined and fluffy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Decorate the cake, and enjoy!