Snow on the Mountain Cake is pure baking elegance. Decadent Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake and indulgent cream cheese frosting crowned with magnificent phyllo dough. Prepare to be impressed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Spray eight 6 oz. custard or ramekin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Unfold phyllo, spraying one sheet at a time with non-stick cooking spray. Bunch each sheet up loosely. Place one sheet in each cup. Make sure you have jagged points sticking up. Continue to fill all eight cups in the manner.
- Place cups on cookie sheet and bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes or until completely browned. Cool.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread layer with frosting. Top with second layer, and frost top and sides of cake.
- Gently remove phyllo from cups and cut off rounded bottom portions with scissors. You will only need jagged top portion to decorate cake. Carefully place jagged pieces over entire top surface of cake. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.