With a gooey vanilla centre, these red velvet lava cakes deliver an impressive dessert that’s easy to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease 12-cup muffin tin and dust lightly with flour.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide cake batter evenly among muffin cups. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) pudding to centre of each cup.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch (2.5 cm) from edge of muffin cup comes out clean. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) pudding to centre of each muffin cup halfway through cooking time.
- Invert cakes onto serving plates; dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Garnish dessert with a fresh medley of berries if desired.