Luscious, dense and very creamy, the use of Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix and the addition of chopped pecans put this Praline Cheesecake on the nutty side. Smother your slice with a cascade of maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.
- For crust, combine cake mix, oil and 1/3 cup pecans in large bowl. Mix well. Press into bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 ºF.
- For filling, place cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer adding brown sugar and flour gradually. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing only until incorporated. Fold in 1/2 cup pecans. Pour filling onto crust.
- Bake at 450°F for 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer, or until set. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife or spatula. Cool completely on cooling rack. Refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve. Remove sides of pan.
- To serve, brush top with maple syrup. Garnish with pecan halves.