Peachy Keen Ice Cream Cake is the coolest treat around. Frosty peaches 'n cream and luscious preserves layered into a delicious Duncan Hines Classic White Cake. Guaranteed to chill you out.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray two 8-inch round pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- Blend cake mix, water, oil, egg whites and sour cream in large bowl at low speed until moistened [about 30 seconds]. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter in pans and bake immediately.
- Bake for 32 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Combine preserves, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Place one cake layer on serving platter. Spread half of the preserves mixture over top. Spread softened ice cream over preserves. Spread remaining preserves mixture to within 1/2-inch of edge. Place remaining cake layer on top and press down lightly.
- Wrap cake in plastic wrap and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Remove from freezer and frost sides and top of cake with frosting. Garnish with white chocolate shavings and cookies if desired.