Good taste is here to stay with a Peach Melba Classic. Look no further than moist delicious Duncan Hines Classic White Cake with luscious peach ice cream, decadent almond frosting and a layer of raspberries and peach slices. It's a classic treat you can count on.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 10 X 15-inch baking sheet.
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Pour 3 cups of batter into pan. Bake 13-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. (Make cupcakes out of remaining batter.)
- Line loaf pan with plastic wrap that extends over the edges of the pan. Cut cake into three 10 x 4 1/2-inch pieces. Lay one piece of cake in the bottom of the loaf pan. Place peaches curved side out along the edges of the pan. Place raspberries alongside the peaches, reserving 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread half of the peach ice cream over the fruit, extending to the edges. Top with another piece of cake, pressing down. Cover the cake with remaining ice cream. Top with final layer of cake. Press down well. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 6-8 hours.
- Invert cake onto serving platter. Remove loaf pan and plastic wrap. Place back in freezer until ready to serve.
- Remove cake from freezer. Allow it to thaw 5 minutes before serving. Prior to serving, frost top of cake. Garnish with remaining fresh raspberries, mint and star fruit, if desired.