Lemon cake, blueberry pie filling and orange cream frosting all in one refreshingly delicious dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, orange juice, and oil in large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in orange peel. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool cakes on wire rack for 25 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool completely.
- Blend both containers of frosting with food colours in large bowl.
- Pipe frosting on outer edge of flat side of one cake layer (to create a dam). Fill with 1 cup blueberry pie filling. Top with second cake layer. Spread frosting on entire cake. To decorate, use a palette or butter knife. Starting at bottom of cake, pull up to create a straight line; repeat around cake. Pipe a decorative circle on top of cake and fill with remaining ½ cup blueberry pie filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.