Enjoy the refreshing taste of lemon with this simply satisfying Lemon Poke Cake.
- Blend cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 cup of water in a large bowl at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 pan and bake for 22-25 mins.
- Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to evenly poke holes throughout the baked cake (approximately 20-25 holes).
- Thin the lemon pie filling with 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Spoon the lemon mixture over the cake, aiming to fill the holes. Use a rubber spatula to spread the lemon filling evenly over the cake.
- Spread the whipped topping over the whole cake.
- Let chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.