This Hamburger Cake looks like the real thing.
- Bake vanilla cake mix according to box directions in pyrex bowl (for bun) and 8 inch cake pan.
- Bake remaining vanilla mix in bread pan (will cut up later for french fries)
- Bake chocolate cake mix in 8 inch pan
- Put aside three tablespoons vanilla icing (for ketchup). Mix remaining vanilla icing with cocoa powder and 20 drops yellow food colouring for icing of bun
- Roll out fondant: Red -- Use a glass to cut circles out for tomato, cut small triangles out within circles.
- Yellow -- cut triangles for cheese
- Green -- cut half circles out for lettuce, use your finger to press down ridges
- Let both vanilla cakes cool down (two hours) before removing from pyrex and cake pan. Remove chocolate cake before fully cooling down so it crumbles slightly
- First, frost the bun once cooled on separate plates (flip round side up for bun of burger). Frost the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, letting it crumble to resemble a hamburger.
- Place chocolate cake on top of vanilla cake baked in 8 inch pan. Arrange the cut out fondant around the edges of burger, letting sides stick out
- Place vanilla cake baked in pyrex bowl on top of two cakes and layered fondant. Arrange rice puffs around bun as "sesame seeds"