Just imagine this Della Robbia Cake - a glaze embracing plump, fragrant strawberries sliced and fanned between sweet peaches…the perfect adornment for Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove top oven rack, move remaining rack to lowest position.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in lemon peel.
- Bake and cool according to package directions.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat until mixture thickens and clears. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, vanilla extract and food colouring.
- Alternate peach slices with strawberry slices around top of cake. Pour glaze over fruit and top of cake.