Ruby red cherries create a beautiful contrast against Duncan Hines Classic White Cake and white chocolate. Use your artistic flair to make this Delicate White Chocolate Cake the prettiest cakes you've ever seen.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour lightly the bottoms and sides of 3 9-inch round pans.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, egg whites, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in chopped white chocolate. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Combine cherry preserves and food colouring, if desired. Stir to blend colour.
- Beat whipping cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup cherry preserves over cake. Place second cake layer on top. Spread with remaining preserves. Place third cake layer on top. Frost sides and top with whipped cream. Decorate with maraschino cherries and white chocolate shavings. Refrigerate until ready to serve.