This tangy Holiday treat wows your taste buds with the tantalizing flavors of cranberry and orange. With our Cranberry Cravings Cake, you can savour the kick of cranberry while indulging yourself in the rich and creamy cream cheese frosting.
- In a medium size bowl, blend together cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Gently fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Chill until ready to assemble cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the sides and bottom of three 8-inch baking pans with no-stick cooking spray. Flour lightly.
- Blend dry mix, cranberry juice, orange juice concentrate, vegetable oil, eggs and food colouring in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour one-third of the batter in each pan. Bake immediately.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before assembling.
- Place one layer on serving platter. Spread with half the cream cheese mixture. Top with second layer and remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining layer. Frost top and sides of cake with frosting. Garnish with fresh cranberries, orange twists and orange zest curls, if desired. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.