A heavenly filling and decadent chocolate drizzle…serve these Chocolate Angel Food Rolls made with Angel Food Cake Mix with a cool glass of milk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 15.5 x10.5 x1-inch jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil.
- Combine cake mix and cocoa in large bowl. Prepare cake according to package directions. Divide batter into pans. Spread evenly. Pull knife through batter to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake 15 minutes or until set. Invert cakes at once onto kitchen towels dusted with icing sugar. Remove foil carefully. Starting at short end, roll up each cake with towel jelly-roll fashion. Cool completely.
- For filling, fold grated chocolate into whipped topping. Unroll cakes. Spread half of filling to edges on each cake. Reroll and place seam-side down on serving plates.
- For drizzle, place chocolate squares and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. On high power 30 seconds or until chocolate melts. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake rolls. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For a quick finish, omit drizzle and dust cakes with icing sugar.