Fluffy strawberry cream envelops rich squares of Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake in this refrigerated dessert. Angel Strawberry Bavarian Cake is lovely and refreshing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare and Bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes to make 10 cups of cubed cake.
- Drain frozen strawberries, reserving juice.
- Combine gelatin with boiling water in a small bowl, stir until dissolved. Combine reserved strawberry juice and additional water to equal 1 cup; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Remove and beat until foamy.
- Fold whipped topping, whipped gelatin mixture and sliced strawberries in large bowl.
- Spoon 2 cups strawberry mixture into 10-inch tube pan, evenly top with 3 cups cubed cake. Press down slightly. Continue alternating until pan is filled, ending with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Baking Tip: Freeze leftover unused cake for another dessert.