An easy-peasy recipe to create a Black Forest Cake that will please most any lover of Black Forest Cake.
- Prepare cake as per instructions on the box (I do mine in 9" round pans).
- Once cakes are cooled, lay one cake layer onto a plate and layer the cherry pie filling onto it evenly.
- Place the 2nd cake layer on top of the 1st layer and pie filling.
- Cover your cake evenly with your favourite whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the shredded chocolate around the top of your cake.
- Add 5 little whip cream peaks to the top of your cake, and place a maraschino cherry on the top of each whip cream peak.