This is a super moist and nicely dense cake that lives up to the best of both worlds---Chocolate Cake and Carrot Cake! I think it's great for any occassion and depending on your preference, the choice of filling is up to you. The only requirement is that you share it amongst friends and loved ones! Happy Easter!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the carrot and raisin pouch from the Carrot Cake mix into a bowl and submerge in the 1-1/4 cups of hot tap water and set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- Combine all eggs, water and vegetable oil and blend together with electric mixer at. Add water/carrot/raisin mixture and continue to mix.
- Add both Brownie/Cake mixes and add to the bowl at the same time. Once the ingredients are well incorporated, pour into 2 x 8" or 9" round greased/floured pans.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpic comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling racks for at least 1 hour.
- Gently fold/mix the Wild Berry jam into the Cream Cheese frosting.
- Place one cake on a plate or cake tray. Frost the top only with the Cream Cheese/Berry Frosting. Place the second cake, top-side down, ontop of the berry frosting. Frost the top only or the whole cake w/ Whipped Chocolate Frosting. Refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
- Enjoy! It's DELICIOUS!!!