I am so happy I learned this recipe when I won the apple caramel package and thank you for that very much for this contest and everything so I playing around with it .I thought I might have a little more zing and crunch to the already moistness of the super duper Duncan Hines cake mix so here it is .thanks again.
- prepare the cake mix as it is on the box what I did after is
- I took 1/2 cup pecan pieces in the batter stir in the batter for more crunch
- Peel and cut and core about 4 to 5 small or med Empire or a good cooking apple don't
- overlap them spread them out. Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of cinnamon all on top of the batter and
- apples then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup of pecan pieces on top then prepare the caramel as
- directed on the box and then drizzle with a small spoon. The caramel not all I thought it was
- to sweet but its to your liking and bake as directed on box then cool and you can drizzle more of the caramel left over the cake or on the plate when serving .thank you