For fundraising or parties, nothing is simpler and more enjoyed that Cake balls. They're fun and easy to make and the flavour combinations are endless.
- Prepare cake mix as it says on the box, only replace water with the brewed coffee. Bake as directed in cake pan and then let cool.
- Crumble the cake in a bowl and add 2/3 of the icing and mix throughly until everything comes together.
- Form into little balls on a pan and freeze for about ten minutes or until firm.
- While cake balls are firming, use a double broiler and melt the candy melts. You can use a microwave, but there's a higher risk of burning the candy melts.
- When smooth, dip cake balls into the candy melts and coat evenly. Place back on pan and repeat until all cake balls are covered. Let set and enjoy!