Nothing is more welcoming of a cool fall day like a piece of spice cake. I made this for my father's birthday and our thanksgiving day dessert.
- Prepare Duncan Hines Spice cake as per instructions on box. Baking 2 - 8" round cakes
- Prepare icing by melting 1/2 cup of butter in sauce pan until golden brown
- Put melted butter in a bowl, add remaining butter and stir until melted
- In sauce pan over medium heat mix brown sugar and cream until melted
- Add cream mixture to melted butter
- Mix in icing sugar, one cup at a time until smooth & fluffy
- Layer cake and icing, decorate & enjoy!