My daughters birthday theme was mermaids! So I had to make a mermaid cake! When the pressure is on to decorate a cake I love the convenience of Duncan Hines cake mixes and icing tubs!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mixes as directed in 4 round cake pans or bowls, each getting smaller in diameter
- While cake is baking, use food colouring to get your icing the perfect ocean shade.
- Once baked and cooled, stack and cut a circle from the center big enough to fit Barbie...she should stick out from the waist up.
- Unstack and ice the top of each layer
- Restack and ice all over
- Use m&ms and leaf gummies to make the fin shape and decorate with seashells and graham wafer sand