This is a two layer moist French vanilla cake with a light and fresh toasted coconut and pineapple filling.
- Heat oven to 350F and grease two round 8 or 9 inch pans.
- Beat cake mix 1 1/4 cups of milk, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds and on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake for 27 - 29 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While your cake is baking mix together the melter butter, brown sugar, milk and coconut. Set aside until cake is baked.
- After your cake is baked remove from oven and while the cake is still in its pans evenly distribute the coconut mixture over both cakes and put back into the oven on broil for about 3 minutes WATCH it carefully as soon as it lightly browns remove and let completely cool.
- If you have a fresh pineapple chop it well or you may use a can of crushed pineapple. Combine the pineapple with half of the cool whip.
- Take a knife and score around the edge of the cake pans and remove the cakes. Your bottom layer will have the coconut side up.
- Smooth the pineapple mixture on top of the bottom cake.
- Place the top cake layer coconut side down on top of the pineapple mixture.
- Frost with Duncan Hines French Vanilla Frosting and dust with cocount. Serves well with cool whip and pineapple on the side.