A delious, easy dessert you can make with your young chefs
- Heat the oven to 350º. Grease and flour a 1 1/2-quart stainless steel bowl. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Pour the batter into the bowl. Bake for 70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bowl for 15 minutes, then unmold it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Turn the cake right side up and place it on a platter. Cut a circle out of the center of the cake, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Scoop cake out of the circle to form a 1-inch-deep crater. Frost the cake.
- For the grass, add several drops of green food coloring to the coconut in a zippered plastic bag. Close the bag and shake it well (a good job for kids). Fill the crater with the coconut, jelly bean eggs, and the other Easter candy.
- For a handle, arch two pipe cleaners over the cake. Wrap ribbons around the handle and tie a big bow in the center