A thick fudgy layer of brownies with sweet heat from red chilies and chocolate -- all balanced with a rich, citrus cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven following directions on box for type of pan used. Grease 8x8-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Blend together brownie mix, chili powder and red pepper. Add concentrate and rind to water; prepare brownie mix as described on box using eggs, water and oil. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven 42 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Make frosting by placing cream cheese, butter and concentrate in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, beating until creamy and smooth. Frost cooled brownies.
- Garnish with additional grated orange rind or zest and cayenne pepper, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.
Simplification - Beat 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate into Duncan Hines® Cream Cheese Creamy Home-Style Frosting. Use in place of above recipe.
For extra fun, pipe a red chili pepper on each serving using store-bought decorating icing in a tube.