Make 16 mouth-watering brownies. This premium Duncan Hines brownie mix includes a pouch of rich, salted caramel to swirl onto the brownie mix for an unbelievably simple yet decadent treat.
- Preheat oven to 350° F for metal and glass pans, or 325° F for dark or coated pans.*
- Grease sides and bottom of pan with shortening or oil spray.
- Empty brownie mix, egg, oil, and water in a large bowl. Stir until well blended (about 50 strokes).
- Spread into a greased pan. Drizzle the salted caramel pouch in lines across the pan. Using the tip of a knife, drag it through the batter and caramel to get the desired marble effect.
- Bake 35-38 minutes for an 8"x8" pan, or 30-33 minutes for a 9"x9" pan. *Add 3-5 minutes for dark or coated pans. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge of pan comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting and serving.
- Baking tip: Sprinkle with Sea Salt for a hint of extra flavour.
- Prepare and bake brownies following directions above except using 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- Prepare and bake brownies following directions above except using 1 egg, 1 tablespoon water, and 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes.