This recipe will be a sure-fire hit for your weekend plans!
- For brownies, preheat oven to 350F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; grease bottom of pan. Prepare brownie mix using fudgy brownie directions with eggs, oil and water and bake as directed on package. Cool in pan.
- Peanut Butter Crunch -- in medium saucepan, melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Stir in corn flakes. Spread mixture on top of brownies, patting down firmly. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- For Peanut Butter Caramel, in medium saucepan heat sugar and corn syrup over medium heat, gently stirring, being careful sugar does not go up sides of pan, until sugar is dissolved and light amber colour. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in cream then stir in peanut butter until smooth. Let cool 10 minutes. Pour over crunch layer, spreading evenly. Chill 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Mousse. In small saucepan, melt chocolate. In large bowl, beat 1 ½ cups cream until soft peaks form. In another small saucepan heat remaining ¼ cup cream and sugar to a boil. Gradually whip into beaten egg yolks. Return pan to heat for about 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Pour into melted chocolate. Fold in half of the whipped cream until smooth then fold in remaining whipped cream. Pour over caramel layer. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- For Chocolate Glaze, in small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let soften about 5 minutes. In small saucepan, heat cream to boiling. Pour over gelatin, gently stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in chocolate until melted. Let cool about 10 minutes. Pour over mousse in pan. Chill until firm about 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 18 bars. For best results freeze overnight before cutting.