An all American favorite, to the extreme: a chocolate brownie layer loaded with chocolate chips, covered with fluffy peanut butter, then topped off with a final layer of chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box using eggs, water and oil. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Place on wire rack.
- Add peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until combined and smooth. Note: You will get a much taller filling if you whip this with an electric mixture to incorporate lots of air.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, mixture will be a bit crumbly.
- Blend in cream until mixture is fluffy and reaches desired spreading consistency.
- Spread evenly over warm brownie.
- Melt Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate Frosting for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and put back in for another 10 – 15 second. Pour over peanut butter spread on the brownies. Use a knife to spread the chocolate evenly.
- Put in refrigerator for an hour to set.
- Take out and let the brownie sit in room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.