- PREHEAT oven to 350°F (180°C) for metal and glass pans, or 325°F (165°C) for dark or coated pans.
- GREASE sides and bottom of each pan and flour lightly. Use baking cups for cupcakes.
- BLEND cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- MEASURE 1 cup (250 mL) batter into small mixing bowl.
- POUR remaining batter into pan(s). BLEND cocoa from small mix packet with the cup of batter in small bowl. SPOON onto batter in pans. SWIRL with knife and bake immediately.
- BAKE in center of oven following chart below. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake(s) from pan and cool completely before frosting.
TIP: Lower Fat Recipe: Prepare and bake following the directions above except using 3/4 cup water (180 mL), 1/3 cup (80 mL) unsweetened applesauce and 3 eggs. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||mix||%DV|
*Percent (%) Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.