- PREHEAT oven to 180°C (350°F) for metal and glass pan(s), 165°C
- (325°F) for dark or coated pan(s).*
- GREASE sides and bottom of pan(s) and flour lightly. Use baking cups for cupcakes.
- BLEND cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
- BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- POUR batter in pan(s) and bake immediately.
- BAKE in centre of oven following chart below.
- *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pan(s). Cake is done when toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- COOL cake(s) in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake(s) from pan and cool completely before frosting.
TIP: LOWER FAT RECIPE: Prepare and bake following the directions above except using¾ cup (175 mL) water, 113 cup (80 mL) unsweetened applesauce and 3 large eggs. Reduce baking time 1-2 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||mix||%DV|
*Percent (%) Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.