Orange Crème frosting sandwiched between two rich chocolate cakes will surely make them shout, ‘Whoopie’!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix Duncan Hines® Devil’s Food Cake Mix, flour, eggs, vegetable oil and water.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Put no more than 6 to 8 on a sheet pan, as the batter will spread.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Pour 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Crème Flavour Mix into 1 can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended. Repeat with second can and packet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the Orange Crème frosting you just created on the flat sides of half of the whoopie pies and top with remaining pies.
Store your whoopie pies between layers of wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.