When I was little my mom used to make a cream puff filled with cream cheese whipped cream and pineapples ... so this is my take on her wonderful cream puff ... reinvented but still bring back memories of my childhood.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Strain pineapples and reserve liquid
- In bowl prepare cake mix as directed but instead of water use 3/4 cup of pineapple juice
- And 1/4 cup crushed pineapples.
- Pour into cupcake tin and bake 18 -24 min
- While cupcakes bake place cream cheese, sugar, and 3 tbs pineapples in bowl (for best results use metal bowl and place in freezer for 15 min prior to making topping) Mix with hand or stand mixer until smooth. add whipping cream and mix until fluffy. Top w sprinkles