So deliciously simple, it's scary! That's the secret behind this recipe for moist Duncan Hines Devil's Food cupcakes with a sweet cream cheese surprise filling. Scare up some smiles from your little monsters with these Spooky Surprise Cupcakes, the frightfully fun treats.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange paper liners in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans
- Blend cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and food coloring in medium bowl until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pans. Place a dollop of cream cheese mixture in center of each cupcake.
- Bake 21 to 24 minutes or until cupcakes spring back in center. Cool completely
- Spread top of each cupcake with chocolate frosting. Place vanilla frosting into a resealable plastic bag. Cut a pinpoint hole in one corner of the bag. Starting in the center of cupcakes, pipe frosting in circles on top of cupcakes, making each circle larger than the previous. Drag a toothpick through the circles towards the edges of the cupcakes to create a spider web.
- Makes 24 cupcakes. Serve cupcakes on colorful platters or cupcake stands and decorate with fun spider rings and spooky themed candies.