Moist Red Velvet cake with a dollop of rich cream cheese in center -- no frosting needed. Not too sweet and easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make Filling - Place cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make Batter - Prepare cake mix as described on box using the water, oil and eggs. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Drop about 2 tablespoons of filling in center of batter.
- Bake in center of oven 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.
Try using a scoop to portion batter and filling more easily.