- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Red Velvet Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make Filling - Place cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make Batter - Prepare cake mix as described on box using the water, oil and eggs. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter. Drop about 2 tablespoons of filling in center of batter.
- Bake in center of oven 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Try using a scoop to portion batter and filling more easily.
There are no reviews.