These Duncan Hines chocolate cupcakes keep it muy interesante with a touch of cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling in a second bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to cake batter and mix well.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each container of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes. For a more decorative look, utilize a frosting bag to frost cupcakes.