- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Place 14-16 liners in muffin cups. (Baking tip: Spray top of pan with cooking spray for cupcakes to release from pan easier.)
- Mix batter according to directions. Spoon batter into muffin tin, about 2/3rds of the way full. You will have enough batter for 14-16 cupcakes.
- Mix caramel pouch as directed on box. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of caramel on top of the batter. Do not mix into batter. Gently swirl caramel into surface of cupcake using a knife.
- Bake for 21-24 mins. Cupcakes will be golden brown and spring back when touched in center. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Frost with Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Vanilla Frosting and decorate.
Decadent cupcakes with a delicious caramel middle! All it takes is one box of Duncan Hines Apple Caramel Cake Mix to make these delicious, moist cupcakes.
trax (2 discussions) on Oct 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Looks delicious - will make these for sure!
brandysnap (1 discussion) on Oct 5, 2013 at 06:32 PM
Saw this in the store yesterday. Too bad I can't eat it. 'Manufactured on equipment that also processes tree nuts.'
Tyzack101 (2 discussions) on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Just wondering if a teaspoon of applesauce would add more moisture?
lorraine.munro.121 (1 discussion) on Sep 28, 2013 at 02:15 AM
It looks like it has a centre of caramel. But the instructions say to mix it into the top. How does it get to the centre?
anchantra (1 discussion) on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM
These look so good! I definitely need to make them!
Gypsy06 (1 discussion) on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Looks great! I'll have to keep looking for the mix.
abbysmom (2 discussions) on Sep 27, 2013 at 09:49 PM
haven't found this in the stores yet ... can't wait to try them
rowszee (3 discussions) on Sep 27, 2013 at 04:31 PM
This cake is so delicious. I can't wait to try these cupcakes. Makes my mouth water just looking at them and picturing the delicious cake mix you make them with!
avasmama (1 discussion) on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I haven't tried this cake mix yet. It looks delish, going on my grocery list!
kushie (1 discussion) on Sep 7, 2013 at 01:52 PM
they all look great and would like to try one of them
Muffin Maven (9 discussions) on Dec 9, 2012 at 06:30 AM
Weeeeellll! I am here to tell ya.... these cupcakes are surely names accurately.... I made a batch yesterday for the Sunday School Children's bake sale...got 15 muffins out of the batch...GORGEOUS! I took some photos, but don't know how to submit them on this site....
- Share, rate and review recipes
- Print exclusive coupons
- Chat in the forums