- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Place 14-16 liners in muffin cups. (Baking tip: Spray top of pan with cooking spray for cupcakes to release from pan easier.)
- Mix batter according to directions. Spoon batter into muffin tin, about 2/3rds of the way full. You will have enough batter for 14-16 cupcakes.
- Mix caramel pouch as directed on box. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of caramel on top of the batter. Do not mix into batter. Gently swirl caramel into surface of cupcake using a knife.
- Bake for 21-24 mins. Cupcakes will be golden brown and spring back when touched in center. Allow to cool completely before frosting. Frost with Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Vanilla Frosting and decorate.
Decadent cupcakes with a delicious caramel middle! All it takes is one box of Duncan Hines Apple Caramel Cake Mix to make these delicious, moist cupcakes.
Muffin Maven (9 discussions) on Dec 9, 2012 at 06:30 AM
Weeeeellll! I am here to tell ya.... these cupcakes are surely names accurately.... I made a batch yesterday for the Sunday School Children's bake sale...got 15 muffins out of the batch...GORGEOUS! I took some photos, but don't know how to submit them on this site....
- Share, rate and review recipes
- Print exclusive coupons
- Chat in the forums