Try this variation to our ever-popular Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix. You'll love the flavor fusion of cream cheese, chocolate chips and coconut found in these Creamy German Chocolate Cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and egg; mix until smooth. Stir in chips and coconut. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto batter of each cupcake.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes following package directions.
- Spread cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with toasted coconut and mini-chocolate chips if desired.