- 1 box Duncan Hines Classic Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water (add carrot/raisin pouch and allow to stand 5 minutes)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
(see below for other options):
- 1 16oz container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add carrot/raisin pouch to the 1 cup of water and allow to stand for a minimum of 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add cake mix, flour, baking powder, eggs, oil, drained pineapple, and carrot/raisin/water mixture. Mix by hand until completely blended, approximately 50 strokes. Pour batter into paper-lined cupcake pans 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes for 20 - 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans for 15 minute on wire rack, then remove from pans and cool completely on rack before frosting.
- For a different flavor, replace pineapple with white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.