||1 hour and 15 minutes
||Makes 24 cupcakes.
For some togetherness, get the kids to help create the candy creatures that sit atop these yummy Captivating Caterpillar Cupcakes, made with Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix.
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Classic White Cake Mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup star decors
- 1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- green food coloring
- 10 to 12 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup assorted jelly beans
- assorted nonpareil decors
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine cake mix, egg whites, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in 1/3 cup star decors. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 ºF. 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Tint vanilla frosting with green food coloring. Frost one cupcake. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon chocolate cookie crumbs on frosting. Arrange 4 candy-coated chocolate pieces to form caterpillar body. Place jelly bean at one end to form head. Attach remaining star and nonpareil decors with dots of frosting to form eyes. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Copyright © 2012 Pinnacle Foods Corp. LLC. All Rights Reserved.