The ultimate in cupcakes -- a fudgy brownie layer topped with your favorite ice cream, ice cream toppings and whipped cream too!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Prepare brownie mix as described on box to make fudgy brownies using eggs, water and oil. Fill each baking cup about 1/3 full with batter. Tap pans on counter to spread batter evenly.
- Bake in center of oven 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove cups from pan. Place on wire rack; cool completely.
- Place each cupcake in a shallow dessert dish. Add a small scoop of ice cream in each cup, add desired toppings and finish with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Try using a scoop to portion batter more easily. A 1-5/8 inch diameter scoop works well.
- Do not allow pans to touch oven walls or each other. If oven is too small to bake side by side, use two shelves and rotate midway through baking.
- Great for a party. Offer a variety of ice cream flavors and/or toppings and let guests customize their own cupcake creation.
- Brownies may be prepared a day in advance. Leave in papers and store in airtight container. Do NOT stack more than 2 layers.
- Freeze extra brownie cupcake bases in a single layer without paper baking cups in freezer-weight storage bag. Thaw in bag, place thawed brownie in a fresh paper-baking cup and prepare as described above for a quick treat.