Salty, sweet, tangy, crispy and soft — these cupcakes have it all. They're perfect for BBQs, picnics, game day or tailgating. Here's a tip: for an extra kick, add hot sauce to the frosting and decorate with pickle slices.
- Turn your cupcake pan upside down on a cooking sheet. The sheet is to catch any extra grease.
- Each bacon cup takes at least two rashers of bacon. You may need to adjust this, depending on the length of your bacon. You want the whole cup covered, with no gaps. Cut one rasher in half. Lay the halves in a cross shape over the cup. Wrap the second rasher of bacon around the cup.
- Bake the bacon at 375°F until crispy, about 15-20 minutes. Note: The bacon cup will shrink and it may be sitting on top of the upturned cupcake pan, but it should maintain the cup shape. Carefully drain the grease. Remove bacon cups.
- Prepare the Golden Yellow cake mix according to box instructions.
- Using a clean cupcake pan, place the bacon cups into the pan. Fill with cake mix and bake according to the box instructions.
- Wait until the cupcakes are cooled and then frost with cream cheese frosting.