If you are tired of the normal cupcakes and want to try something different well this is the cupcake for you.
- Put butter in a mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together in separate bowl.
- With a mixer, mix the dry ingredients in slowly with the butter.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and the egg to the dry ingredients and beat until flour is fully moistened.
- Add the remaining milk, vanilla and almond extract and beat for about another minute.
- Evenly divide the batter into six small bowls. Dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color; Purple – 9 red and 6 blue drops, Blue – 12 drops, Green – 12 drops, Yellow – 12 drops, Orange – 12 yellow and 4 red drops and Red – 18 drops.
- Line 12 muffin pan wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, green, yellow, orange and then top with red, following the order listed. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 18 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.