Use our Duncan Hines Golden Yellow Cake mix and your favourite fruit filling to bake these Hamentashen cookies, perfect for Purim.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and flour. Stir in the eggs, oil and water to form a stiff dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 3 inch round circles and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the centre of each cookie and pinch the sides to form three corners. Moisten with water if necessary.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Tip: One of the Baker's Club members tried this with Red Velvet Cake Mix, cream cheese, white chocolate chips and confectioner's sugar -- she says it was a hit!