A new spin on an old tradition, these moist, delicious Carrot Cake Chewy Oatmeal Bars start with Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Mix and transforms into an ingredient-rich treat packed with oatmeal, coconut, carrots and raisins. Different. Decadent. Dare you!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add carrots and raisins to hot tap water. Allow to hydrate for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- In small sauce pan, melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter on medium. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To a mixing bowl add the cake mix, drained carrots and raisins, coconut, nuts, oatmeal and egg. Mix by hand until blended.
- Pour in the melted brown sugar, butter mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 inch, lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately press down on surface of hot cooked bars with spatula.
- Cool and refrigerate before cutting.