We’re pretty sure that this is the reason Johnny Appleseed got into the apple tree planting business—so you could mix them with caramel and peanuts and make these delicious bars. Make these tasty treats at home with a little help from Duncan Hines and other items found in the baking section of your grocery store.
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Apple Caramel Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (1/2 cup reserved for top, 1/2 cup mixed with caramel pouch)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In small sauce pan, melt brown sugar, corn syrup and butter on medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl add the cake mix, nuts, oatmeal and egg. Mix by hand until blended. Mix caramel pouch as directed and stir in 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Pour in the melted brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter mixture. Stir until well mixed. Stir in caramel pouch with peanuts.
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 inch, lightly greased baking pan. Press remaining peanuts onto surface of cake. Bake for 30-35mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately press down on surface of hot cooked bars with spatula. Cool and refrigerate before cutting.
Copyright © 2012 Pinnacle Foods Corp. LLC. All Rights Reserved.