This delicious cake is a crowd pleaser for both young and old. The kids will love the appearance and everyone will love the taste. I
- 1. Prepare the cake mix and bake the cake in two 8 inch rounds according to package directions. Cool completely.
- 2. Cut a circle out of the center of one of the layers, leaving a ring that measures 1 1/2 inches from the outer to the inner edge.
- 3 .Place the uncut layer on a serving platter and frost the top. Place the ring layer on top of the frosted layer, and frost the sides and top of the basket.
- 4. Decorate the sides and top by pressing candy pieces into the frosting.
- 5. To tint the coconut, combine water and green food coloring in a medium bowl. Stir in coconut with a fork until evenly tinted. Place green coconut grass in center of cake basket.
- 6. To make a handle, cut a piece of aluminum foil 8x16 inches. Fold in half lengthwise 4 times. Wrap with ribbon, securing the ends with tape. Insert ends of the handle into the cake top.
- 7. Fill basket with Easter candy and goodies, if desired