One cake mix makes 2 impressive, delicious cakes, easy enough for the 'budding' baker . They are also easy to serve, already portioned! Once guests dig in, they will be further impressed by the lovely pastel colours of spring and divine flavour combination. The shape of the flower is much easier than it looks!
- 1 package Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Yellow food colouring
- 2 packages Pistachio pudding (99 grams each)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Duncan HInes with water and lemon juice
- Line 2 jelly roll pans with foil then pour half of the batter in each, smoothing out and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until set and edges begin to brown.
- While cakes bake, in a medium bowl, mix pistachio instant pudding packs with 2 cups milk (not 4 as the box suggests) Beat for 1 minute and set aside for 3 minutes. Then, with blender on low, fold in 1/2 can of Duncan Hines frosting until just mixed. Don't overmix.
- When cake is cooled, remove foil. Work with one of the 2 cakes at a time. Pour half of the pudding mixture over cake and spread evenly. Roll up jelly style starting at long end. Once it is rolled up, cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Take the 8 pieces from one cake and place on platter with one in the middle, flat side down. Use the remaining 7 peices to form the petals with the rounded edge facing up.
- Take a second plate or platter and make the 2nd flower cake. Frost both cakes with remaining 1 1/2 cans frosting.
- Note: Each cake will fit on a regular size dinner plate. Get creative as you like with lovely pastel colours for the frosting.
That is just so creative. Great job!