Alternating layers of Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake, juicy cherry filling, and whipped cream are topped with crunch almond slivers.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl. Stir until blended.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with 1 cup whipped topping, then half the cherry pie filling mixture. Top with second layer.
- Spread remaining pie filling to within 1 1/2 inches of cake edge.
- Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced almonds.