A delicate, chocolate angel food cake perfectly complemented with a dark chocolate-espresso glaze.
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cake mix and cocoa into clean, large mixing bowl; whisk together.
- Add 1 1/3 cups water. Mix for 2 minutes at medium speed and bake according to package directions for the pan in ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Prepare glaze when cake is cool. Place espresso granules and water in small microwave-safe bowl; stir to dissolve. Mix in frosting. Microwave on HIGH power for 20 to 25 seconds or until just pourable. Stir to blend.
- Spread glaze over top of cake allowing some to drizzle down the sides of cake. When glaze sets, slice cake and serve.
- To keep serving platter clean while glazing, place strips of wax paper or parchment under the outer bottom edge of cake. Once glaze has set, pull out strips of paper leaving a clean platter.
- Refrigerate cake for a few minutes after glazing so glaze sets more quickly.
- For a little crunch, try sprinkling top of glaze with shaved bittersweet chocolate, toasted almonds or crushed butter brickle.
- Serve cake with fresh raspberries for an elegant touch.
- Add freshly grated orange rind to top of glaze for European flair and taste.